Congress claims voters’ support in local body polls
Accuses misuse of Govt machinery, violation of McoC
Even as the BJP opined that the polling in urban local body elections would be in its favor, the main opposition party claimed that the voters had expressed their support for the Congress. The Pradesh Congress Committee chief spokesman Mathur Dutt Joshi thanked the voters of the state for the good polling percentage registered on Sunday.
He opined that the people had voted in favor of the Congress. Joshi also alleged that the government machinery had been misused and that the election model code of conduct had been blatantly violated. The BJP mayoral candidate for Dehradun, Sunil Uniyal ‘Gama’ wearing the BJP’s symbol ‘lotus’ on his lapel while casting the vote is a glaring example of the model code of conduct violation by the party, he alleged.
Congress mayoral candidate for Dehradun, Dinesh Agrawal shows his ink-stained finger after casting vote on Sunday… read more posts…
You might also like
- Sajjan gets life term in 1984 anti-Sikh riots December 18, 2018
- 3 Congress CMs take oath of office December 18, 2018
- CM meets Gadkari, seeks approval for various work proposals December 18, 2018
- State working to provide housing for all: Kaushik December 18, 2018
- Activist alleges illegality in dog show, seeks action December 18, 2018