Congress alleges misuse of Govt machinery in local body polls
BJP using money and liquor to influence voters: PCC President
On the eve of polling for the urban local body elections in the State, the Uttarakhand Pradesh Congress Committee president Pritam Singh accused the State Government misusing Government machinery.
Addressing the media at the Congress Bhawan here on Saturday, the PCC president alleged that the BJP was trying to win the local body elections by using money and liquor to influence the voters.
The election model code of conduct is being violated blatantly in the State in a blatant manner. He said that the Congress had also complained about election model code of conduct to the election commission but the action was not taken in the proper manner.
Referring to the tenure of the BJP Government in Uttarakhand so far, the PCC president said that during the nearly two year term in office so far, the State Government had not executed any noteworthy development work. The people are suffering under the ‘double-engine’ Government, he said.
In the name of removing encroachments, the State Government had rendered many homeless, he alleged. Senior Congress leader Hira Singh Bisht, PCC vice president Suryakant Dhasmana and other party office bearers were also present in the Press conference.read more posts…
Sunday, 18 November 2018 | PNS | Dehradun–
You might also like
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019
- Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, two others file nominations from Tehri March 23, 2019
- Nishank supporters celebrate, factions close ranks to ensure win March 23, 2019
- BJP candidates file nominations from Tehri, Garhwal March 23, 2019
- BJP lists candidates for 5 Parliamentary seats March 23, 2019