Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) president Pritam Singh along with other senior state Congress leaders attended a memorial programme organised by different organisations to pay tribute to the martyrs at Gandhi Park in the city on Saturday. Speaking on the occasion, Pritam Singh said that all the political parties, including the Congress, had categorically declared their resolve to stand solidly behind the armed forces of the country and also the Centre in the aftermath of the Pulwama terror attack and the grim crisis it triggered. He said that the Congress wants the Centre to act decisively against the menace of terrorism.
In the same breath, however, the state Congress chief said that the Prime Minister Narendra Modi being busy while attending his party’s programmes to strengthen the polling booth organizations at this time has shocked them. “It is strange that instead of supporting the armed forces, the PM is engaged in sectarian politics. This is unbecoming of the PM during the crisis hanging on the anguished nation,” Singh said.
Sunday, 03 March 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Objections raised on ‘Nishank’s’ nomination paper March 27, 2019
- Clash between BJP MLAs may create problems for party March 27, 2019
- Police issue prohibition order against habitual offender for LS polls March 27, 2019
- Training programme held on Waste Management Rules & amendments March 27, 2019
- Villagers mark Chipko anniversary in jungle March 27, 2019