Former President of Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) Kishore Upadhyay would undertake a tour of State for providing forest rights to the forest dwellers.
He said that the tour would commence from Har Ki Paidi. Upadhyay said the Congress president Rahul Gandhi has expressed hope that he (Upadhyay) would fight for the right of forest dwellers and the Uttarakhand Pradesh Congress Committee in its first meeting had passed a resolution for this purpose.
He said that the main objective of the campaign is to generate awareness among the women, youth, students and ex servicemen about their rights.
The activists believe that since forests cover two third of geographical area of Uttarakhand, the state should be declared as a “Forest state’ and its residents should be referred as forest dwellers.
They want that the provisions of the Forest Rights Act of 2002 should be implemented in the state without delay.
You might also like
- Missing AN-32 found in ruins June 12, 2019
- Scholarships for 5 crore minority students: Naqvi June 12, 2019
- Pilgrimage centres becoming centres of tourism: Shankaracharya June 12, 2019
- Maharaj meets Patel, discusses tourism plans June 12, 2019
- Two expeditions slated to start today for retrieving bodies of climbers June 12, 2019