Cong demands probe by HC judge, Minister’s resignation
Expressing grief at the deaths from consumption of spurious liquor, the Congress has stated that simply suspending 13 excise department officials is not enough, the Excise minister should also resign.
Further, in a joint statement the party’s state in charge Anugrah Narayan Singh, Pradesh Congress Committee chief Pritam Singh, leader of opposition Indira Hridayesh and Dhirendra Pratap demanded that the incident be probed by a sitting judge of the high court.
Demanding stern punishment for those guilty in the incident, the Congress leaders have also sought adequate compensation to the families of men killed.
Meanwhile, PCC spokesperson Garima Mehra Dasauni that simply suspending some departmental officials is not enough, the Excise minister should also resign.
She alleged that the State Government had bowed down to the liquor mafia in Uttarakhand.
Expressing concern, she said that after Punjab, Uttarakhand is on the way to becoming a state in the grip of substance abuse and that the reason for this is the apathy of the government.
Stating that the liquor business in Uttarakhand is riddled with various anomalies, she opined that the poor people are facing the brunt of the connivance between the state government and the liquor mafia.
Saturday, 09 February 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- DMK gives Congress 10 seats in TN, Puducherry February 21, 2019
- MBS backs India’s war on terror February 21, 2019
- Speaker forms committee on District Level Development Authority February 21, 2019
- Waste to energy policy ready for waste management: Min February 21, 2019
- Roads, health services in pathetic condition: Indira Hridayesh February 21, 2019