Cong cries foul on Edu minister’s statement on Fee of private schools
Terms it as clear violation of model code of conduct imposed in the state in view of the Lok Sabha elections.
The Uttarakhand Congress has termed the statement of the education minister Arvind Pandey for determination of fees charged by the private schools as a clear violation of model code of conduct imposed in the state in view of the Lok Sabha elections. The party has requested the Election Commission to take cognizance of the issue. The spokesperson of the state unit of the Congress party, Garmina Dasauni has said since the model code of conduct is enforced in the state as the process of Lok Sabha elections is still going on, the Minister should not have made such a statement. On Monday, the education minister had said that the state government would not allow the private schools to act in an arbitrary manner on the issue of fees. He said that maximum fees which these schools can charge would be fixed after which the schools would not be able to exploit the parents. The capping on the fees would be decided on the basis of the qualification of the teachers, their number and infrastructure and other facilities provided by the schools.
Wednesday, 15 May 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- FIR lodged against Kashipur hospital for irregularities in AAUY claims May 15, 2019
- Cong cries foul on Edu minister’s statement on Fee of private schools May 15, 2019
- Colleagues come out in support of accused Gabbar May 15, 2019
- Vocational training & hands-on projects vital for country’s growth May 15, 2019
- Two Divyangs enter wedlock in Shantikunj May 15, 2019