Cong cries foul on Edu minister’s statement on Fee of private schools
Terms it as clear violation of model code of conduct imposed in the state in view of the Lok Sabha elections.
The Uttarakhand Congress has termed the statement of the education minister Arvind Pandey for determination of fees charged by the private schools as a clear violation of model code of conduct imposed in the state in view of the Lok Sabha elections. The party has requested the Election Commission to take cognizance of the issue. The spokesperson of the state unit of the Congress party, Garmina Dasauni has said since the model code of conduct is enforced in the state as the process of Lok Sabha elections is still going on, the Minister should not have made such a statement. On Monday, the education minister had said that the state government would not allow the private schools to act in an arbitrary manner on the issue of fees. He said that maximum fees which these schools can charge would be fixed after which the schools would not be able to exploit the parents. The capping on the fees would be decided on the basis of the qualification of the teachers, their number and infrastructure and other facilities provided by the schools.
Wednesday, 15 May 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Missing AN-32 found in ruins June 12, 2019
- Scholarships for 5 crore minority students: Naqvi June 12, 2019
- Pilgrimage centres becoming centres of tourism: Shankaracharya June 12, 2019
- Maharaj meets Patel, discusses tourism plans June 12, 2019
- Two expeditions slated to start today for retrieving bodies of climbers June 12, 2019