In protest against the alleged misuse of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), the members of Youth Congress torched an effigy of the Narendra Modi Government and CBI here on Tuesday. On the day, a large number of Youth Congress activists led by the Dehradun district president Bhupendra Negi assembled at Rajiv Bhawan, the state party headquarters, here and marched to Astley Hall where they consigned the effigy to the flames.
Speaking on the occasion, Bhupendra Negi said that BJP- led NDA Government at the Centre has been consistently using the CBI to fulfil its sinister political designs.
He further said that over the past four years, BJP has used the CBI blatantly to throttle the voice of the opposition. Negi said that in the latest case, the CBI officers had landed in West Bengal to arrest the police commissioner of Kolkata to investigate the chit fund scam and added that the principal accused of the case is now in the BJP.
The Youth Congress leader said that these incidents have raised question on the credibility of the premier investigative agency of the country. He added that the BJP has been resorting to such desperate arm-twisting through CBI as they are certain of their impending debacle in the general election. “However, we would fight such fascist designs tooth and nail,” he said.
Wednesday, 06 February 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- DMK gives Congress 10 seats in TN, Puducherry February 21, 2019
- MBS backs India’s war on terror February 21, 2019
- Speaker forms committee on District Level Development Authority February 21, 2019
- Waste to energy policy ready for waste management: Min February 21, 2019
- Roads, health services in pathetic condition: Indira Hridayesh February 21, 2019