Conduct polls for Bazpur municipality before Dec 31: HC
Conduct elections for the Bazpur municipal council along with polls for Roorkee municipal corporation before December 31: High Court
The High Court of Uttarakhand has directed that the elections for Bazpur municipal council should be held along with the polls in Roorkee municipal corporation before December 31.
As per the case details, the previous chairperson of the Bazpur municipal council, Jasbir Kaur had, earlier, filed a petition in the High Court single bench stating that elections in the Bazpur municipality should be held along with the polls for other local bodies and that she should be handed over the charge till the polls are held.
The High Court single bench had directed her to approach the division bench. Hearing on the petition, the division bench of acting Chief Justice Rajiv Sharma and justice Manoj Kumar Tiwari directed the State Government to conduct elections for the Bazpur municipal council along with polls for Roorkee municipal corporation before December 31 this year. read more post…
Wednesday, 24 October 2018 | PNS | Nainital–
You might also like
- AI crash probe on amid speculation August 9, 2020
- Not wearing mask in public- pay Rs 200 fine, receive four washable masks August 9, 2020
- CM presents Teelu Rauteli Award to 21 achievers August 9, 2020
- Highest single day spike of Covid-19 in U’khand August 9, 2020
- Salary deduction of MLAs August 9, 2020