Reviewing the Alaknanda hydro power project, chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat directed the executing company- GVK Power and Infrastructure to complete the remaining work on the project soon to facilitate water supply to the people in the area.
Expressing dissatisfaction at the delay in completion of work in the project, he directed the director of the company to ensure that the project is completed by the end of February.
Rawat said that the Alaknanda river is the sole source of water for the people living in the nearby areas.
To ensure necessary action, the Jal Sansthan, Peyjal Nigam, GVK company and other departments concerned should establish coordination to ensure minimum water supply. In the area around the project, lights and other safety aspects should also be ensured. Further, the pending compensation to the people affected by the project should also be cleared soon, the chief minister stressed.
The State minister Dhan Singh Rawat, MLA Vinod Kandari, Potable water secretary Arvind Singh Hyanki, GVK Power and Infrastructure director PV Prasanna Reddy and other officials concerned were also present in the meeting.
Saturday, 09 February 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- DMK gives Congress 10 seats in TN, Puducherry February 21, 2019
- MBS backs India’s war on terror February 21, 2019
- Speaker forms committee on District Level Development Authority February 21, 2019
- Waste to energy policy ready for waste management: Min February 21, 2019
- Roads, health services in pathetic condition: Indira Hridayesh February 21, 2019