Cold wave conditions to prevail for next 36 hours at some places
The State Meteorological Centre has given a yellow-coded warning of cold wave condition which is likely to prevail at a few places in the hills during the next 36 hours. The overall weather is to remain mainly clear to partly cloudy and dry climate is likely to prevail in the state.
Meanwhile, after two days’ wet spell, dry climate prevailed in most parts of the state, including Dehradun, on Thursday. However, snowfall was reported from the higher reaches of the hills of the state.
As per the forecast, the weather would remain mainly clear on Friday. The maximum and minimum temperatures are going to settle in the neighbourhood of 22 degree Celsius and 6 degree Celsius respectively.
As per the state Met centre , cold to severe cold condition continued at a few places in the hills on Thursday. And the same would continue for the next 36 hours.
The maximum and minimum temperatures recorded at various towns of the state on Thursday were 20.1 degree Celsius and 5.0 degree Celsius in Dehradun, 20.4 degree Celsius and 4.9 degree Celsius in Pantnagar, 6.7 degree Celsius and -4.4 degree Celsius in Mukteshwar, 9.0 degree Celsius and -2.0 degree Celsius in New Tehri respectively.
Friday, 01 March 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- BJP finalises plan for filing of nominations March 21, 2019
- Guv greets public on Holi March 21, 2019
- Hospital gears up for accident cases on Holi March 21, 2019
- Modi must come clear on his false promises to people of U’khand: Cong March 21, 2019
- Political parties need to focus more on women-related issues: women voters March 21, 2019