CM stresses on efforts to make solar lights more useful in rural & hill areas
While inaugurating the Solar Lantern developed by the Uttarakhand Residential University, Almora at the Chief Minister’s residence on Saturday, the Chief Minister, Trivendra Singh Rawat, appreciated the efforts of the Uttarakhand Residential University on the matter. He said that the alternative energy has become a need in the present time. “Efforts should also be made to make solar lights more useful in the rural and the hill areas,” he said and added that such efforts would help in saving energy which is an imperative in view of the limited deposition of the non-renewable energy sources.
While speaking on the occasion, the vice-chancellor of Uttarakhand Residential University, H S Dhami, said that this solar lantern is being made with the support of RI Innovation Company in which polymer has been used.
He said that the battery of this solar lantern gives light up to 13 hours. The warranty of the solar lantern is 15 years, he added.
The Union Minister of State Ajay Tamta, the Minister of State for higher education Dhan Singh Rawat and MLA Harbans Kapoor besides R P Joshi of RI Innovation Company were present on the occasion.
Sunday, 03 February 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019
- Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, two others file nominations from Tehri March 23, 2019
- Nishank supporters celebrate, factions close ranks to ensure win March 23, 2019
- BJP candidates file nominations from Tehri, Garhwal March 23, 2019
- BJP lists candidates for 5 Parliamentary seats March 23, 2019