On the directions of chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat, folk drummer Dhum Lal of Urgam village in Chamoli district has been admitted to AIIMS in Rishikesh for treatment. The CM has also directed that the cost of Lal’s treatment will be borne out of the chief minister’s relief fund.
It is pertinent to mention here that Lal is a popular drummer who performs in traditional Mukhauta presentations and the Nanda Devi Raj Jat. On learning about his ill health from the social media, the chief minister acted swiftly and directed that he be admitted to AIIMS in Rishikesh for treatment. In addition to directing officials to pay the cost of his treatment from the CM relief fund, Rawat also directed the Culture director to ensure that pension provided to Lal as a folk musician is also released without delay.
Wednesday, 09 September 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- BMC action is ‘rape of my dreams, confidence, self-respect, future: Kangana September 18, 2020
- 4 Indian cities slip in Global Smart City rankings September 18, 2020
- No power can prevent Army patrols in Ladakh: Rajnath September 18, 2020
- Harsimrat quits over farm Bills September 18, 2020
- Under secretary Hari Singh dies of Covid September 18, 2020