Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat expressed deep grief at the demise of senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader Bhuwan Bhandari. He visited Bhandari’s residence in Haldwani and paid floral tributes to him on Tuesday.
Paying his tribute to Bhandari, the Chief Minister said that he was an able social activist who used to selflessly take interest in public issues. He used to work without selfish motives and in an efficient manner to resolve public grievances and facilitate development of the area.
His untimely demise is an irreparable loss for the society and the party. The chief minister said that Bhandari was quite active in the social sphere and was known as a well-wisher of the poor section of society. He worked with devotion to facilitate the marriage of daughters of poor families and arrange for medical treatment of the poor. He also did commendable work in the interests of the party, said Rawat.The BJP State president and Nainital-Udham Singh Nagar MP Ajay Bhatt, former Union minister Bachi Singh Rawat, MLAs Banshidhar Bhagat, Rajkumar Thukral, Pushkar Singh Dhami, Diwan Singh Bisht, Haldwani mayor Jogendra Pal Singh Rautela and others were among those who paid homage to Bhandari here on Tuesday.
You might also like
- Missing AN-32 found in ruins June 12, 2019
- Scholarships for 5 crore minority students: Naqvi June 12, 2019
- Pilgrimage centres becoming centres of tourism: Shankaracharya June 12, 2019
- Maharaj meets Patel, discusses tourism plans June 12, 2019
- Two expeditions slated to start today for retrieving bodies of climbers June 12, 2019