In an important move, the Uttarakhand Government has decided to set up a Chief Minister’s office in Nainital to have a better administrative control over Kumaon region of the State.
Talking to the media persons at Doon University here on Friday, the Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat said that the move had been initiated for the benefit of the people of Kumaon region who perforce travel long distances to reach Dehradun to have their grievances addressed.
He added that a secretary-level officer would permanently sit in the office and cater to the grievances of the people.
It is pertinent to mention here that in the recent reshuffle in the bureaucracy, the State Government had inducted the additional chief secretary Radha Raturi and secretary Ajay Rautela into the CM Secretariat.
Interestingly, Rautela also happens to be the Kumaon commissioner. Read more posts…
Saturday, 01 December 2018 | PNS | Dehradun—
You might also like
- PM Modi to address public rally at Rudrapur on March 28 March 20, 2019
- Police deployment on basis of manpower audit in general election March 20, 2019
- Election commission keeping an eye on high value transactions- Sowjanya March 20, 2019
- BJP leaders pay homage to Parrikar March 20, 2019
- HC directs Govt to reply by March 27 on pharmacist recruitment issue March 20, 2019