CM announces hike in remuneration to Anganwadi workers, midwives
The annual remuneration of Asha workers will be increased from Rs 5,000 to Rs 17,000 while the monthly remuneration of midwives will be increased from Rs 500 to Rs 1,000. Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat announced this on the occasion of international women’s day here on Friday. The CM also distributed smart phones and weighing scales to Anganwadi workers. The smart phones are being provided to facilitate swift work by the Anganwadi workers. Uttarakhand is the first state in north India to have all its Anganwadi workers connected through smart phones. On the occasion, the CM also inaugurated the nutrition fortnight.
Addressing the gathering on the occasion, Rawat said that the empowerment of women is essential for all-round development of society. On the occasion, the CM also felicitated lady officers including Tehri district magistrate Sonika and Dehradun senior superintendent of police Nivedita Kukreti for commendable work. State minister for women and child development, Rekha Arya also expressed her views on the occasion.
Saturday, 09 March 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- SP not to field candidate from Garhwal March 25, 2019
- UKD announces candidates from five constituencies March 25, 2019
- Modi, Shah, Union ministers & others to campaign in U’khand March 25, 2019
- Congress announces candidates for five seats March 25, 2019
- Management seals HMT plant, workers protest March 25, 2019