Cleanliness campaign held at Panchayati Raj directorate
On the occasion of 150th anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, a cleanliness exercise was held at the Panchayati Raj directorate. In the drive the employees and officers of the Panchayati Raj department participated enthusiastically. Speaking on the occasion, the additional secretary and director of Panchayati Raj, Hari Chandra Semwal said that by following the ideals of peace and non violence, our country can proceed on the path of prosperity and progress. Heaping praises on the concept of ‘Swachch Bharat, Swastha Bharat’, propounded by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the director Panchayati Raj said that sanitation and cleanliness is very important for mental, physical and social well being. Emphasizing the importance of cleanliness, Semwal said that sanitation is an important attribute of Human society and is one of the basic principles of life. He said that the cleanliness showcases human dignity, gracefulness and faith in god.
Participating in the drive the employees of the department engaged in cleaning the directorate and collected all the garbage at one spot. They also took a pledge to organise such a drive once in a week.
Thursday, 03 October 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- All about Cyprus, Malta, and Russia gang up on whistle blower December 2, 2019
- Students from 38 countries visit Patanjali Yogpeeth December 2, 2019
- Operation Smile and Shinakht to continue for two months December 2, 2019
- Post-mortem report awaited in custodial death of inmate December 2, 2019
- Awareness rally held on World AIDS Day December 2, 2019