As is being experienced in different parts of the state, some shopkeepers in Haridwar too are exploiting the situation by overcharging customers for essential items. People thronged shops to purchase daily needs during the 7 AM to 10 AM window. Many alleged that shopkeepers are overcharging for flour, sugar and other essential food items. The district magistrate C Ravishankar has ordered that all shops will display the rate list of items. Apart from this, the district administration has already formed special squads to check over-pricing, hoarding and black marketing. But, concrete action still remains to be seen on the ground. The administration has assured citizens that there is no need to panic as there is enough stock of food items in the district. The district has one lakh quintals of wheat, 31,000 quintals of rice with sufficient stock of pulses and sugar. The district supply officer KK Agarwal said that strict action will be taken against shopkeeper found over-pricing.
Thursday, 26 March 2020 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Lockdown window to remain extended from 7 AM to 1 PM today March 28, 2020
- First COVID-19 patient discharged from Hosp after recovery March 28, 2020
- Authorities & volunteers ensure meals for the homeless & needy March 28, 2020
- CM helpline 1905 handling COVID-19 related calls March 28, 2020
- CM deputes ministers to monitor COVID-19 situation in districts March 28, 2020