A day after some uncertainty over the expulsion of Khanpur MLA Pranav Singh ‘Champion’ from the Bharatiya Janata Party, his expulsion from the party was confirmed on Wednesday following letters submitted to the Assembly Speaker Prem Chand Agrawal by the BJP State president Ajay Bhatt and cabinet minister Madan Kaushik.
Before start of the proceedings, Agrawal informed the House that he had received letters from Bhatt and Kaushik informing him about Champion’s expulsion from the BJP. Following this, separate seating arrangement was made for the Khanpur MLA. It will be recalled that Champion had been expelled from the party for six years in July but a day before the start of the Assembly session, the speaker had informed the media that he had not received any formal communication from the party regarding this.
Thursday, 05 December 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Champion expulsion from BJP confirmed December 5, 2019
- Cong questions government on Gairsain December 5, 2019
- Dhami of Cong demands change in disaster policy December 5, 2019
- State hopeful of clean chit to Laldhang-Chillarkhal motor road: Harish Rawat December 5, 2019
- Cabinet increases remuneration of Home-Guards December 5, 2019