Case lodged on fake post on CM’s demise spread on Facebook
The police department has swung into action after a fake post regarding the demise of the chief minister was shared on the social media. The director general (Law and Order) Ashok Kumar said that this fake post had crossed all limits. “The Dehradun district police has been directed to lodge an FIR and take strict action against the culprits. More than one person is involved in this rumour mongering which has stooped to a very low level. We have already been warning all to neither spread nor believe in fake news,” said the DG.
Meanwhile, the BJP Mahanagar head Sita Ram Bhatt filed a written complaint at the Cantt police station stating that a number of persons had spread fake news about the chief minister’s demise on Facebook. The complainant stated that the accused had spread the fake news as part of a conspiracy to make the general public feel insecure and exert a negative effect on the efforts being undertaken by the government to tackle the current situation. A case has been lodged under relevant sections and necessary action is being taken by the police.
Thursday, 07 May 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Case lodged on fake post on CM’s demise spread on Facebook May 7, 2020
- Stranded Bengalis protest against WB Govt for ignoring them May 7, 2020
- Expedite Kumbh Mela works & ensure quality: Rawat May 7, 2020
- Punish officials in lockdown violation case by UP MLA: Pritam May 7, 2020
- CASFoS holds online convocation for 2018-20 batch May 7, 2020