On a written complaint filed by Danish, resident of Banjarawala in Rishikesh Police station against the officers and contractors of Namami Gange project, district police have registered the case.
According to the complainant his truck flipped over near Mandi T-junction because the tyre of the truck got stuck in a pothole which was dug under Namami Gange project and then was covered with mud. He also said that due to the accident his truck was damaged and the accident could have resulted in casualties also.
According to the information provided by the police, there have been number of complaints against the contactors of Namami Gange project of leaving construction work incomplete due to which such areas become accident-prone. The police have earlier issued notices to them regarding the issue but to no avail.
Friday, 05 July 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Ayodhya verdict today at 10.30am November 9, 2019
- Guv, CM greet people on State Foundation Day November 9, 2019
- Document, digitalise State history & culture: Irani November 9, 2019
- Celebratory state foundation week a farce- UKD November 9, 2019
- Latest version of EVMs for Pithoragarh by polls November 9, 2019