The birth anniversary of Ammembal Subba Rao Pai, the founder of Canara Bank was celebrated at the bank’s 114th foundation day at its regional office here on Tuesday. The bank’s regional head and assistant general manager Pravin Kumar Singh presided over the various programmes held to mark the occasion.
In a blood donation camp held on the occasion, 114 employees and others donated blood while a doctor also administered health checks to the bank’s employees and customers.
Customers of various branches also attended a customers’ meet. In another event, the children from poor and needy families were presented school dresses and other items by Singh.
He said that Pai was a great humanitarian and social reformer. He had undertaken various works for the betterment of society ranging from facilitating education for girls to establishing the bank.
Wednesday, 20 November 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Canara Bank remembers its founder November 20, 2019
- Maha Pawar play: Talks with Sonia yield no results November 19, 2019
- RS marshals’ uniform given total makeover November 19, 2019
- #ZehrilaPani: Kejriwal calls report fake; test yourself, dares Paswan November 19, 2019
- Open air gyms to be built in all wards: CM November 19, 2019