Under the Central Government National Age Scheme, a camp for the handicapped people would be organised on February 4 and 5 at Municipal Corporation of Dehradun (MCD) in conjunction with the district social welfare department. The camp is meant to give prosthesis to the handicapped people with the deprived background which is being made with the association of Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation of India (ALMCI).
Speaking of the matter, the officer in-charge said, “The camp is being organised to give prosthesis to the people in need. It is a Centre-sponsored scheme. The person to be a beneficiary of the scheme needs to bring a disability certificate, income certificate, Below Poverty Line BPL) certificate, Passbook or Adhar Card.
For prosthesis measurement, a team of doctors is coming from Delhi. Tricycles, wheelchairs, ear machines and the like, would be distributed during the camp.”
Wednesday, 30 January 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- DMK gives Congress 10 seats in TN, Puducherry February 21, 2019
- MBS backs India’s war on terror February 21, 2019
- Speaker forms committee on District Level Development Authority February 21, 2019
- Waste to energy policy ready for waste management: Min February 21, 2019
- Roads, health services in pathetic condition: Indira Hridayesh February 21, 2019