The State Cabinet has approved hiking of cess on petrol and diesel. This and other decisions were taken in the cabinet meeting held on Wednesday evening. The State government spokesman and cabinet minister Madan Kaushik informed that the cabinet had approved raising the cess on petrol and diesel as a result of which the cost of these fuels will increase by Rs 2.50 per litre and Re 1 per litre respectively.
The increased price on these fuels will be charged after the issuance of a government order to this effect. He further informed that in 2012, purchase of land was prohibited in 27 villages of five Patwari areas- Adibadri, Gairsain, Silpata, Panchali and Mehalchaudi in the proposed state capital area of Gairsain. The lifting of this prohibition has been approved by the state cabinet. A total of 12 issues were taken up in the meeting of the cabinet held in the evening.
Thursday, 11 July 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- NHAI aiming to complete Kumbh Mela works by June 2020 November 13, 2019
- Pithoragarh By election: Will Priyanka charisma work? November 13, 2019
- Smart phones-Anganwadi workers to observe protest November 13, 2019
- Harrawala Railway station to get better basic facilities and security November 13, 2019
- Third edition of Valley of Words to start on Nov 15 November 13, 2019