The Bharatiya Janata Party state election committee discussed the names of ticket hopefuls from each of the five parliamentary constituencies in the state here on Wednesday. The party’s state president Ajay Bhatt who presided over the meeting, said that about 10 to 15 contenders had come forward in each of the parliamentary constituency. These names have been listed and after deliberation, will be submitted to the party’s high command. Replying to media queries, he said that the names of the five sitting MPs were also included in the list of potential candidates. Union minister and BJP Lok Sabha state in charge Thaawar Chand Gehlot, chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat, union minister of State and MP Ajay Tamta, MP Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, State minister Dhan Singh Rawat, BJP national secretary Tirath Singh Rawat and other office bearers were also present in the meeting.
Thursday, 14 March 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- BJP finalises plan for filing of nominations March 21, 2019
- Guv greets public on Holi March 21, 2019
- Hospital gears up for accident cases on Holi March 21, 2019
- Modi must come clear on his false promises to people of U’khand: Cong March 21, 2019
- Political parties need to focus more on women-related issues: women voters March 21, 2019