BHEL commissions 800 MW supercritical thermal plant in record time
Setting a new benchmark, Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has successfully commissioned an 800 MW thermal unit within a record time of 46 months, a BHEL release claimed and added that this is a marked improvement over the time taken in commissioning of 800 MW sets till date in the country by various developers. The 800 MW set has been commissioned at Kothagudem Thermal Power Station (KTPS) of Telangana State Power Generation Corporation (TSGENCO), the release said. While the construction of the plant was undertaken by the company’s Power Sector – Southern Region, the key equipment for the contract has been manufactured at BHEL’s Trichy, Haridwar, Bhopal, Ranipet, Hyderabad, Jhansi, Thirumayam and Bengaluru plants, the release further said.
Notably, BHEL has so far contracted 57 sets of supercritical boilers and 50 sets of supercritical turbine generators from various customers, in domestic as well as overseas markets.
Tuesday, 08 January 2019 | PNS | Haridwar–
You might also like
- PM Modi to address public rally at Rudrapur on March 28 March 20, 2019
- Police deployment on basis of manpower audit in general election March 20, 2019
- Election commission keeping an eye on high value transactions- Sowjanya March 20, 2019
- BJP leaders pay homage to Parrikar March 20, 2019
- HC directs Govt to reply by March 27 on pharmacist recruitment issue March 20, 2019