The president of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), CK Khanna reached Haridwar and met the cricket enthusiasts here. He gave them tips and boosted their morale. He was welcomed by District Cricket Association Haridwar (DCAH) president. He also visited the Bhalla College Stadium and discussed how to improve sports facilities and make it better for sportspersons.
Speaking to this correspondent, young cricketer and representative of Youth Welfare and Sports Association, Rohan Saigal said, “After getting accreditation from BCCI, Uttarakhand cricket association is in high spirits and the district team members are charting out ways to reach new heights in this all time favorite game. The BCCI chief discussed the state of cricket and cricketers in Uttarakhand and the young sports persons from the district.”
DCAH president Pankal Saigal, secretary Avtar Singh and others were also present during the BCCI president’s visit.
You might also like
- Missing AN-32 found in ruins June 12, 2019
- Scholarships for 5 crore minority students: Naqvi June 12, 2019
- Pilgrimage centres becoming centres of tourism: Shankaracharya June 12, 2019
- Maharaj meets Patel, discusses tourism plans June 12, 2019
- Two expeditions slated to start today for retrieving bodies of climbers June 12, 2019