The accused surrendered in court on Monday in a case of embezzlement of Rs 1.5 crore in Laldhang area of Haridwar. The investigating officer CO Abhay Singh informed that an embezzlement case was filed by State Bank of India branch manager Harsh Tiwari alleging that Ranipur resident Vibhor Chandra who worked as a cashier in the bank from 2009 to 2016 had motivated local people to open accounts and FDs were made. Misuing his position, the accused allegedly duped the people and orchestrated a fraud of about Rs 1.5 crore. His friend Gary Tandon, transferred his account from Ranipur branch to Laldhang branch and the embezzled money was transferred into his account. Both the accused- Chandra and Tandon were charged under various sections of the IPC. The accused surrendered in the court of special judge, vigilance, from where they were sent to judicial custody.
Tuesday,03 December 2019 |PNS| Haridwar
You might also like
- Bank fraud accused surrender in court December 3, 2019
- District police readies for upcoming assembly session and IMA POP December 3, 2019
- Shiv Sainiks protest against disinvestment of THDCIL December 3, 2019
- Assembly session: DM orders application of Section 144 December 3, 2019
- Gairsain set to rock winter session of U’khand Vidhan Sabha December 3, 2019