The portals of Badrinath shrine will be reopened to the public on May 10 this year. The date was decided at a traditional ceremony held in the palace of the erstwhile royal family of Tehri on the occasion of Vasant Panchami on Sunday.
As per tradition, a ceremony was held in the Narendranagar palace of the erstwhile royal family of Tehri on the auspicious occasion of Vasant Panchami. After rituals and consultations, it was announced that the portals of Badrinath would be reopened to the public on May 10 at 4:15 AM.
The date for Gadu Ghada (oil pot) Yatra was fixed on April 24. Tehri MP Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, Badrinath Kedarnath Temple Committee chairman Mohan Prasad Thapliyal, BKTC chief executive officer BD Singh, Dimri Panchayat head Rakesh Dimri and others were also present on the occasion.
Monday, 11 February 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019
- Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, two others file nominations from Tehri March 23, 2019
- Nishank supporters celebrate, factions close ranks to ensure win March 23, 2019
- BJP candidates file nominations from Tehri, Garhwal March 23, 2019
- BJP lists candidates for 5 Parliamentary seats March 23, 2019