The portals of Badrinath shrine in Chamoli district are slated to be closed to the public for the winter today. This will mark the end of the Char Dham Yatra season in the state with the other shrines- Kedarnath, Gangotri, and Yamunotri already having been closed to the public for the winters.
The ritual procedure for closure of the Badrinath shrine had started some days ago. The portals will be closed to the public ceremoniously at 3:21 PM on Tuesday. According to official sources, all necessary arrangments have been completed for this important ritual. The Badrinath shrine has been decked up in garlands of marigold flowers. Meanwhile, on Monday, after the Arti, the ornaments of lord Badrinath were kept in the custody of the Badrinath Kedarnath Temple Committee. These will now be taken out six months later when the portals of the shrine are reopened to the public.
On Monday, the Rawal (chief priest of the temple) went to the Lakshmi temple and ceremoniously invited goddess Lakshmi to take her place in the sanctum sanctorum along with her consort Lord Badrinath. read more posts…
Tuesday, 20 November 2018 | PNS | Dehradun–
You might also like
- All the Rise about Web based slots November 17, 2019
- The way in which video games will help uou learn Speech November 17, 2019
- RCom chairman Anil Ambani, four directors resign November 17, 2019
- U’khand conducive for investments: Utpal Kumar Singh November 17, 2019
- SC verdict on Rafale: BJP workers demand apology from Rahul Gandhi November 17, 2019