*ing: Amitabh Bachchan, Amrita Singh, Taapsee Pannu, Manav Kaul
Crime-thrillers are a treat to watch. More so, if the storyline is tight and keeps you on the edge. Badla, directed by Sujoy Ghosh and produced by Red Chillies Entertainment in association with Azure Entertainment is an official adaptation of the 2017 Spanish film The Invisible Guest — keeps you engaged with its brilliant mind games and some stellar performance from Taapsee Pannu, Amrita Singh and Amitabh Bachchan.
We saw him as a cool, calm yet intense lawyer in Pink. Here, he just notches up his performance. As Badal Gupta, a lawyer who has never lost a case in his 40 years, Big B once again proves why even at 76 he is still going strong and why people love him. Everything about him in Badla reels you in — his voice and the way he delivers his dialogues are classy.
Then there is the way he equates himself with Dhritarashtra and draws instances from the Mahabharta are brilliant. It is these nuances that keep the viewer engaged even if when you know the predictable end.
A surprise here is Amrita Singh. As a mother, who is seeking answers, she holds her ground. She is effortless with her performance.
It is rare that a film manages to hold your attention even if the majority of it unfolds in a room. Badla keeps the tension on with its twists and counter-twists till the very end.
Sunday, 10 March 2019 | Shalini Saksena | in Show Time
You might also like
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019
- Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, two others file nominations from Tehri March 23, 2019
- Nishank supporters celebrate, factions close ranks to ensure win March 23, 2019
- BJP candidates file nominations from Tehri, Garhwal March 23, 2019
- BJP lists candidates for 5 Parliamentary seats March 23, 2019