Get checked for AIDS without inhibition
A public awareness programme was organized by the All India Institute Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Rishikesh on the occasion of the World AIDS Day on Saturday.
The awareness programmes by the AIIMS were held at SPS Government Hospital Rishikesh, community health centre Raipur and PHC Raiwala on the day. PG students of AIMS Rishikesh participated in the programmes hosted to mark the day.
The director AIIMS and recipient of Padmashree, professor Ravi Kant said that the institute would continue to promote community-based awareness programmes so that the people are made aware of their health.
Highlighting the importance of regular health checkups, the AIIMS director said that one should not feel ashamed to get checked for the disease.
He further said that the tests for the disease are available at Integrated Counselling and Testing Centres (ICTC) and in case of any doubt, one should get himself checked there without the least inhibition.
The students of nursing college of the institute took part in a poster competition based on this year’s theme ‘Know your status’ which was held at the institute. The dean academics professor Surekha said that the results of the competition would soon be declared. READ MORE POSTS…
Sunday, 02 December 2018 | PNS | Rishikesh—
You might also like
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019
- Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, two others file nominations from Tehri March 23, 2019
- Nishank supporters celebrate, factions close ranks to ensure win March 23, 2019
- BJP candidates file nominations from Tehri, Garhwal March 23, 2019
- BJP lists candidates for 5 Parliamentary seats March 23, 2019