Monday, 30 July 2018 | PNS | Nainital —
A student of the All Saints’ College, Nainital has scaled the highest mountain in Europe, Mount Elbrus in Russia. She was part of a European team which scaled the 5642 metre high mountain.
The student from Nainital’s ASC, Astha Chaturvedi along with other girl students including three from Britain, one from Switzerland and three from Russia were part of an eight-member team. The team scaled Mount Elbrus on the morning of July 27.
Astha had also applied to the expedition organisers during the previous year to scale the peak but could not succeed. Expressing happiness at the student’s achievement, ASC principal Kiran Jeremiah said that the feat had not only brought pride to the school and Nainital but also to the nation and state. She further said that the school encourages its girls to participate in such activities from time to time.
You might also like
- Proceed Into the future along with Online Casino craps Video game November 16, 2019
- Sena-NCP-Cong Govt will last 5 years: Pawar November 16, 2019
- J P Nadda accorded warm welcome November 16, 2019
- Three dead including one minor and three injured in a road accident November 16, 2019
- Tea-biscuits to be distributed to police force on night duty November 16, 2019