Aspects of annular solar eclipse discussed in detail
A national webinar on annular solar eclipse to occur on June 21 was held jointly by the Uttarakhand State Council for Science and Technology (UCOST), Dehradun; Vigyan Prasar, Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi and Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), Nainital on Monday. The annular phase of this solar eclipse will be visible from parts of Asia including Northern India, south of Pakistan and China, parts of Africa including the Central African Republic, Congo and Ethiopia.
In his inaugural speech, UCOST director general Rajendra Dobhal said that this type of programme will be organised on a larger scale in the near future at the Science Centre. ARIES director Dipankar Banerjee spoke about how and why the annular eclipse takes place. He used various examples to describe aspects of the phenomenon. Speaking at the webinar, Arvind C Ranade said that there are five stages of an annular solar eclipse. He also explained how to calculate the duration of the eclipse. Proposing the vote of thanks, UCOST joint director DP Uniyal said that such events on different topics will be held in the near future too in collaboration with Vigyan Prasar and ARIES.
Tuesday, 16 June 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Kamagra Pharmacie En Ligne La Moins Chere – # 1 Farmacia online July 4, 2020
- Farmacia Pescara. Dove Ordinare Tamoxifen Senza Ricetta. Bonus pillola di ogni ordine July 4, 2020
- Ordine Generico Di Strattera 18 mg July 4, 2020
- Farmacia Rome – Ottenere Una Prescrizione Di Tenoretic Online – Bonus di trasporto July 4, 2020
- Ways to get from the close friend Zone With a female July 4, 2020