The Anganwadi workers warned of protest against the State government if any Anganwadi worker is promoted on the basis of caste-based roster. Regarding this matter, the state president of Anganwadi workers association, Rekha Negi wrote a letter to the director of Women Empowerment and Child Development Department on Monday stating that the Anganwadi workers have been providing their services to the department since 1975 but no post was ever offered to any worker in the department but now that the government has approved the promotions, it is being considered to grant promotions on the basis of a caste-based roster which is unjustified. She added that the government has issued orders to approve promotion to the Anganwadi workers aged below 45 years which is wrong too. According to the Anganwadi members, if everyone is working for the same department, there is no need to restrict the age for the promotion of the workers. Negi also said that if the government will promote Anganwadi workers on the basis of caste-based roster instead of selecting them on the basis of seniority, the association will protest against the government.
Tuesday, 07 July 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- SP Balasubramanyam passes away at 74 September 25, 2020
- Deepika arrives in Mumbai for NCB quizzing tomorrow September 25, 2020
- From Rail Roko to Bharat Bandh September 25, 2020
- Magnitude of Kumbh Mela will depend on Covid situation: DG (L&O) September 25, 2020
- Covid-19: 13 deaths, 684 new cases reported in U’khand September 25, 2020