The GVK EMRI 108 emergency ambulance service remained active on Diwali night and responded to the emergency calls. The data released by the ambulance service suggests that 476 emergency calls were registered by it during Diwali.
Notably, the emergencies related to medical, fire and accidents surge up substantially on Diwali and the service braces itself up to take the emergencies on the day.
With 133 cases, Dehradun district had a maximum number of emergencies during the day of Diwali. Haridwar and Udham Singh Nagar had 77 and 64 cases respectively. Besides, the service responded to 41 emergency calls in Nainital district.
Apart from the fire-related emergencies, the service also received 23 cases associated with road accidents and 32 police cases. In Dehradun district alone, 11 such cases were reported. The ambulance service also served 101 pregnancy cases on the day.
The state head of the 108 emergency ambulance service said that they prided themselves on the fact that when most of the people were with their families to celebrate the festival of lights the service personnel remained on their toes and promptly responded to the emergency cases. read more posts…
Friday, 09 November 2018 | PNS | Dehradun–
You might also like
- JeM strikes CRPF on yatra route June 13, 2019
- Cabinet clears fresh Bill to ban instant triple talaq June 13, 2019
- Most complex ISRO mission Chandrayaan-2 on July 15 June 13, 2019
- UP Bar Council chief shot dead by colleague June 13, 2019
- First batch of Kailash Mansarovar pilgrims reaches U’khand June 13, 2019