Shri Ganga Sabha president Pradeep Jha and general secretary Tanmay Vashisht expressed disappointment at the permission given to UP MLA Aman Mani Tripathi and others accompanying him to go to Badrinath. Tripathi was sent back by the police from Karnprayag on Sunday night and an FIR was lodged by the state police. Citing this, Jha and Vashisht have demanded permission for devotees coming for rituals to Haridwar.
Submitting a memorandum to Urban Development Minister Madan Kaushik, Vashisht said that permission granted to Tripathi had caused annoyance among the pritests. Those who come to Haridwar from different parts of the country with permission for Asthi Visarjan of their departed family members should also allowed to enter Uttarakhand. Jha said that in the present circumstances when the government has given permission to open liquor shops along with other shops, Asthi Visarjan and other rituals should be allowed in Haridwar. Receiving the memorandum, Kaushik assured that he would soon convey their views to the chief minister.
Wednesday, 06 May 2020 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- HC seeks Govt response on school fees issue by May 12 May 6, 2020
- Allow people to visit Haridwar for rituals: Ganga Sabha May 6, 2020
- Relaxation in lockdown can worsen situation, opine locals May 6, 2020
- Service to humanity greatest religion: Mahant Ravindra Puri May 6, 2020
- Lockdown diaries: Chitrangda Singh working on short film May 5, 2020