AIIMS- R starts tele consultation for depression patients
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Rishikesh has started the tele consultation service for the patients showing signs of depression.
The director of AIIMS Rishikesh Ravi Kant said that the pandemic of Covid-19 has affected the children, senior citizens and health workers more. “The people who have seen their relatives and suffering from this disease or those who have gone through the quarantine are going through mental depression. At the same time, due to financial constraints, people are also worried about the future of their family. Many such people resort to alcohol consumption and substance abuse. Such people should contact the telecom OPD of the institute,’’ he said.
The members of tele -consultation team are Head of Department (HOD) of Trauma surgery department Dr Qamar Azam, HOD of Psychiatry Dr Ravi Gupta, Dr Anidya Das and Dr Ajay Kumar.
Thursday, 27 August 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- BMC action is ‘rape of my dreams, confidence, self-respect, future: Kangana September 18, 2020
- 4 Indian cities slip in Global Smart City rankings September 18, 2020
- No power can prevent Army patrols in Ladakh: Rajnath September 18, 2020
- Harsimrat quits over farm Bills September 18, 2020
- Under secretary Hari Singh dies of Covid September 18, 2020