Ahead of Kanwad Mela, authorities plan better traffic management
The district administration and police have geared up for the Kanwad Mela. The SSP office has asked the people to give suggestions and a meeting was held with the department officials. Ahead of Kanwad Mela, the administration plans to implement a traffic system which would ensure smooth flow of traffic.
Giving directions to his subordinates, SSP Janmejay Khanduri said, “The traffic in the city should not come to a halt. Anyone not following the traffic rules must be penalised.”
The route diversions will be implemented from July 17 to 23 and from July 24 to 30. From July 17 till the end of the Mela, the movement of heavy vehicles on Najibabad-Bijnor highway shall be diverted. The vehicles coming from Najibabad, Bijnor, Dhampur shall be diverted through Muzaffarnagar via Meerapur said SSP. During increased rush of visitors, the buses shall be stopped in Bairagi camp, Dakshdweep, Neeldhara, Dheerwali and Motichur otherwise they would be allowed to reach Rishikul bus stand.
SP city Kamlesh Upadhyay said that strict vigilance shall be maintained at sensitive areas like railway station, bus stand and other crowded places.
Wednesday, 10 July 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Cong to get new President before 20 July- Harish Rawat July 10, 2019
- Cong to hold protest against state govt on July 15 July 10, 2019
- Four killed, one missing and several injured in three separate accidents July 10, 2019
- CBI team conducts raid in Haridwar July 10, 2019
- Ahead of Kanwad Mela, authorities plan better traffic management July 10, 2019