After Guv offer, BJP to take call on formation of Maha Govt today
After a fortnight-long political stalemate, Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari late on Saturday invited caretaker Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, which is the single largest party, to “convey” to the Raj Bhavan his “willingness and ability” to form a Government in Maharashtra.
Though the Press release issued by Raj Bhavan did not specify the timeline, official sources said the single largest party had been given time till November 11 to inform the Governor about its decision to form a Government.
Confirming that his party had received an invitation from the Governor, senior State BJP leader Sudhir Mungantiwar said the core group of the State BJP would meet on Sunday to decide on whether to form a Government or not.
Sunday, 10 November 2019 | TN Raghunatha | Mumbai
You might also like
- The Spirituality and Science behind Namaskar November 15, 2019
- Setback for Congress November 15, 2019
- BJP seeks Rahul’s apology,Cong ex-chief demands JPC November 15, 2019
- SC’s clean chit to Rafale deal again November 15, 2019
- Conduct third-party evaluation in SAGY villages: CM November 15, 2019