After 4-year-old dies in accident locals indulge in stone pelting
A four years old died in a mishap involving a bus after which some of the locals indulged in stone pelting.
The violence in Vanbhulpura area damaged two buses and caused injuries to policemen.
Police sub inspector Kumkum Dhanik informed that four year old Adnan was going with his brother in the evening when he was hit by a private bus. The injured child was taken to the hospital where he was declared dead by doctors. Following the accident, some of the locals indulged in violence and pelted stones which caused damage to two buses and injuries to inspector in charge Vikram Rathore and sub inspectors Mangal Singh Negi and Balwant Singh Kamboj.
The bus driver was arrested by the police while the two damaged buses were parked by the police in the Kotwali compound. Superintendent of police (City) Amit Srivastav said that CCTV footage is being used to identify the rioters against whom legal action will be taken. Order could be restored due to strict approach of the local administration.
The police had to resort to light force to control the situation.
Thursday, 17 January 2019 | PNS | Haldwani
You might also like
- JeM strikes CRPF on yatra route June 13, 2019
- Cabinet clears fresh Bill to ban instant triple talaq June 13, 2019
- Most complex ISRO mission Chandrayaan-2 on July 15 June 13, 2019
- UP Bar Council chief shot dead by colleague June 13, 2019
- First batch of Kailash Mansarovar pilgrims reaches U’khand June 13, 2019