The 70th Army Day was celebrated with ceremonial splendor, zeal and enthusiasm in different army stations on Monday. In Uttarakhand Sub Area, the day was celebrated at Lal Gate war memorial. Here the General Officer Commanding (GOC) of Uttarakhand, Sub Area Major General J S Yadav laid floral wreath in honour of the brave soldiers who made supreme sacrifice in line of duty.
The ceremony was attended by 20 Officers, 32 Junior Commissioned Officers (JCOs) and 200 other ranks (OR). Army Day is celebrated on January 15 every year in India in recognition of Field Marshal K M Cariappa taking over the first commander in Chief of the Indian Army, General Sir Francis Butcher “The last British Commander-in-Chief of India” on this day in 1949. The day is celebrated in the form of parades and other military shows in the national capital, New Delhi.
You might also like
- Farmers’ woes September 19, 2020
- Apple to launch online store in India on Sept 23 September 19, 2020
- Don’t be misled by dalals’ advocates: PM to farmers September 19, 2020
- Farm Bills anger farmers, protest spreads September 19, 2020
- Limited numbers to be allowed in 2021 Kumbh Mela September 19, 2020