In a major relief to the Government Doon Medical College (GDMC) Hospital the service of which is being affected due to shortage of doctors, seven senior residents have joined the facility on Monday.
The public relation officer of the GDMC, Mahendra Bhandari said that Dr Neha Mahajan and Dr Naresh Kumar have joined the department of surgery while Dr Srishti Thakur and Dr Swati Agarwal have joined the obstetrics and gynecology department of the hospital. He added that Dr Pankaj Kumar and Dr Pratyush Saran Singhal have joined as senior residents in department of medicines of the hospital. In the ENT department, Dr Shrishti Thakur has joined as senior residents on the day, he added.
Apart from helping the hospital reeling under huge patient load, the appointment of these doctors would also help the college during the visit of the ensuing visit of team of the Medical Council of India (MCI) for the all- important letter of permission (LoP) for the new batch of MBBS students, observers say.
Tuesday, 29 January 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Don’t make it prestige issue: Vardhan to Didi June 15, 2019
- Doctors adamant on Didi’s apology June 15, 2019
- Reject free ride plan, it’ll lead to bankruptcy: Metro Man to Modi June 15, 2019
- Speak Bengali if you want to stay in Bengal, says Mamata June 15, 2019
- Mi-17 to drop ITBP team at Nanda Devi East base camp June 15, 2019