In a major relief to the Government Doon Medical College (GDMC) Hospital the service of which is being affected due to shortage of doctors, seven senior residents have joined the facility on Monday.
The public relation officer of the GDMC, Mahendra Bhandari said that Dr Neha Mahajan and Dr Naresh Kumar have joined the department of surgery while Dr Srishti Thakur and Dr Swati Agarwal have joined the obstetrics and gynecology department of the hospital. He added that Dr Pankaj Kumar and Dr Pratyush Saran Singhal have joined as senior residents in department of medicines of the hospital. In the ENT department, Dr Shrishti Thakur has joined as senior residents on the day, he added.
Apart from helping the hospital reeling under huge patient load, the appointment of these doctors would also help the college during the visit of the ensuing visit of team of the Medical Council of India (MCI) for the all- important letter of permission (LoP) for the new batch of MBBS students, observers say.
Tuesday, 29 January 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- DMK gives Congress 10 seats in TN, Puducherry February 21, 2019
- MBS backs India’s war on terror February 21, 2019
- Speaker forms committee on District Level Development Authority February 21, 2019
- Waste to energy policy ready for waste management: Min February 21, 2019
- Roads, health services in pathetic condition: Indira Hridayesh February 21, 2019