Patient toll mounts to 3462 in Dehradun
Dengue, the vector borne disease spread by mosquitoes is giving no respite to the residents of provisional state capital Dehradun and nearby areas. On Monday, the health department reported 52 new cases of the disease in Dehradun.
With them the number of patients affected by the disease in Dehradun this season has mounted to 3462. In Dehradun alone six persons have so far died from dengue.
Meanwhile, the number of patients in Uttarakhand reached to 5670 on the day with the department reporting 145 new cases.
The district vector borne diseases officer of Dehradun, Subhash Joshi said teams of health department organised anti dengue camp at Khurbura and undertook source reduction activities in Rishikesh on Monday.
Dengue is a viral infection spread by the mosquito Aedes Aezypti popularly known as Tiger Mosquito. The symptoms of the disease are persistent high fever, rashes, headache and pain in the joints. In the acute cases the platelets number decrease drastically which may prove fatal for the patient.
Tuesday, 01 October 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Prez Rule in Maharashtra, parties relieved November 13, 2019
- NHAI aiming to complete Kumbh Mela works by June 2020 November 13, 2019
- Pithoragarh By election: Will Priyanka charisma work? November 13, 2019
- Smart phones-Anganwadi workers to observe protest November 13, 2019
- Harrawala Railway station to get better basic facilities and security November 13, 2019