Free vocational training provided to the youth from economically weaker sections to help them earn a livelihood.
ICICI Academy for Skills (ICICI Academy) has claimed that 100 percent of the students trained by it have got placement. The academy provides free vocational training to the youth from economically weaker sections to help them earn a sustainable livelihood. Set up in Dehradun on February, 2019, the centre has so far provided training to 500 youths. The centre offers eight week long courses on office administration’ and selling skills.
The President of ICICI Foundation for inclusive growth, Saurabh Singh said that Dehradun centre has provided free of cost training to 500 candidates so far and all of them have found suitable employment. “Since its inception in October 2013, ICICI Academy has set up 25 centres across the country and has trained over 1.34 lakh people of which over 56800 are women. It aims to provide relevant and practical training to the underprivileged youth in sale skills, office administration, electrical appliance repair, refrigeration and air conditioning and others,’’ he said.
Friday, 28 February 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- 500 Youth trained by ICICI academy get jobs February 28, 2020
- Laltain Yatra of Cong a gimmick: Madan Kaushik February 28, 2020
- MCD to prepare list of property tax defaulters February 28, 2020
- Scholarship Scam: HC directs SIT chief to appear in court February 28, 2020
- U’khand Cong to hold Dharna against BJP govt on March 1 February 28, 2020