5 Kg tumour removed from woman’s abdomen at Swami Ram Himalayan hospital
The Department of Surgery at the Himalayan Hospital of Swami Ram Himalayan University (SRHU) removed a five kilogramme tumour from a 22-year-old woman’s abdomen.
Dr PK Sachan in the hospital’s Department of Surgery and his team conducted the operation on 22-year-old Saba of Kichha, Udhamsingh Nagar. Sachan said that Saba had been experiencing stomach ache and flatulence for a month. She then underwent ultrasound, CT scan and blood test. After conducting the necessary tests, it was found that the woman had a large tumor in her abdomen. The CT scan of the patient found that the tumor was 30 cm by 22 cm in size. After all investigations, Dr Sachan and his team operated on the woman and removed the tumor. He said that considering the size of the tumour, it could have proved fatal for the woman had it not been removed in time.
Thursday, 11 June 2020 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Dia Mirza: Never procured, consumed narcotic or contraband substance September 23, 2020
- China sitting pretty September 23, 2020
- Minister Dhan Singh, Cong deputy leader, BJP MLA test positive for Covid September 23, 2020
- 11 deaths, 874 new Covid-19 cases in U’khand September 23, 2020
- Doctors withdraw OPD boycott call September 23, 2020