The horticulture department grafted 42 mango varieties on a single tree at the chief minister’s residence. These varieties include Arunima, Arunika, Amlika, Surya, Lalima, Mallika, Nilay and Amrapali among others. The Dehradun chief horticulture officer Meenakshi Joshi informed the chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat in detail about these mango varieties. Considering the 22 kilogrammes of honey produced in the CM residence compound from bee keeping, Rawat once again directed that a plan be drafted for encouraging bee keeping in the state.
The CM also directed the horticulture in-charge Deepak Purohit to start other horticultural activities also in the CM residence compound. The official informed the CM that from the next year more than 200 varieties of mangoes will be planted in the CM residence compound.
Sunday, 28 June 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Farmers’ woes September 19, 2020
- Apple to launch online store in India on Sept 23 September 19, 2020
- Don’t be misled by dalals’ advocates: PM to farmers September 19, 2020
- Farm Bills anger farmers, protest spreads September 19, 2020
- Limited numbers to be allowed in 2021 Kumbh Mela September 19, 2020