With an objective to boost the morale of the government school teachers, the education department would felicitate four teachers every month.
The department has made four categories for giving away these prizes. In the first category, teachers of classes I to V would be honoured while in the second category, the teachers teaching in classes VI to VIII would be honoured.
In the third category, the teachers taking IX and X classes would be felicitated and in the category IV, the teachers of classes XI and XII would be bestowed with the awards, government sources said.
The state project director, Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA), Jyoti Yadav said that a prize amount of Rs 1 lakh would be given to the school for the selected teachers. The teacher to be selected would get an amount of Rs 15,000 to purchase smartphone or a tablet of E-Book as per his or her wish.
These teachers would be selected on the basis of the performance of the students in the last two months in learning outcome analysis, participation and implementation of programmes of Talent Day, innovative activities and role in development of resources in the schools.
Friday, 08 February 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- DMK gives Congress 10 seats in TN, Puducherry February 21, 2019
- MBS backs India’s war on terror February 21, 2019
- Speaker forms committee on District Level Development Authority February 21, 2019
- Waste to energy policy ready for waste management: Min February 21, 2019
- Roads, health services in pathetic condition: Indira Hridayesh February 21, 2019