Under Jal Shakti Abhiyan, 3200 school students planted 3200 saplings in a geo biodiversity park here on Saturday. The saplings were planted in a 32 hectare of land in Gaulapar area. The BJP state president and Member of Parliament Ajay Bhatt, Lalkuan MLA Naveen Dumka, district magistrate Nainital, Savin Bansal along with other officials were present during the event.
Speaking on the occasion, Bhatt said that growth of trees would occur faster as they are being planted in an areas marked as biodiversity park.
Conservator, forests, Parag Madhukar Dhakate said, “It is the first time in the country that more than 3000 children have participated in a plantation drive. It is an inspiration for people to plant more and more trees for conserving the water. We will be monitoring the growth of each and every plant through GPS system.”
Sunday, 14 July 2019 | PNS | Haldwani
You might also like
- The way in which video games will help uou learn Speech November 17, 2019
- RCom chairman Anil Ambani, four directors resign November 17, 2019
- U’khand conducive for investments: Utpal Kumar Singh November 17, 2019
- SC verdict on Rafale: BJP workers demand apology from Rahul Gandhi November 17, 2019
- U’khand starts virtual classes for 1.90 lakh students November 17, 2019