The three- day foundation day function of the Swami Rama Himalayan University (SRHU) started with cultural performances of the students. In all, 38 university students were bestowed with the literary and sports awards on the occasion.
The state cabinet minister Subodh Uniyal who was the chief guest and Vijay Dhasmana, the vice-chancellor SRHU, jointly inaugurated SRHU Fest-2019 by paying homage to Swami Rama.
While addressing the students, the VC said “With education, Swami Rama Himalayan University (SRHU) is also working in the field of skill development. The university is giving training of various courses to make the youth of the state self-employed. Our priority is to give the young people of the remote areas of the state the opportunity of training for self-employment based on industries. To provide industry serving skills a Polytechnic College has been started at Toli, Pauri, the ancestral village of Swami Rama from the academic session 2018-19.” The fest witnessed the cultural performance based on Punjabi, Rajasthani, Gujrati, Bengali songs and folk dance by the students.
Besides the sports awards, on the first day, a total of 38 students were awarded in the category of mehndi, painting, card making, rangoli and photography.
Wednesday, 13 March 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Will implement income scheme immediatley after coming to power-Cong March 27, 2019
- Ensure your contribution to nation building: Mahant March 27, 2019
- No Army-background candidates in contention this election March 27, 2019
- Absconding scholarship scam accused surrenders in court March 27, 2019
- After leaving Congress, former MLA to join BJP March 27, 2019