The chairpersons of women commissions from different states discussed women- related issues with the members of Global Inter- faith Wash Alliance (GIWA) here on Thursday. Women empowerment, women representation, their health and sanitation and separate toilet facilities for women in offices and educational institutions were some of the issues which featured during the discussion.
The general secretary of GIWA Sadhwi Bhagwati dwelt at length on various sanitation projects being run under the alliance. She said that Parmarth Niketan provides free technology for making eco- friendly sanitary napkins for women which are 100% biodegradable. She said the project being implemented in the state is meant to enable the women to have cheap pads and also to help them get employment opportunity.
The founder of GIWA Chidananda Saraswati said that the women are quite capable of changing the fortune of a country and can give a direction to the world. The ethos of Indian culture ‘yatra naryastu pujyantey ramante tatra devta’ must be relived, he said.
Among those present at the meeting were the chairpersons of the state women commissions of Uttarakhand, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Karnataka.
You might also like
- Moto E7 Plus with dual rear camera launched in India for Rs 9,499 September 24, 2020
- Bihar DGP quits, likely to take electoral plunge September 24, 2020
- Actor Poonam Pandey’s husband gets bail in assault case September 24, 2020
- Rohit stars in Mumbai Indians’ 49-run win over KKR September 24, 2020
- Rafale offset pact flouted: CAG September 24, 2020